View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
jmlenz
Track Member

Drives: a car
jmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn370z View Post
You should first try jacking up the car so the wheels are off the ground then grab the spring and shake it, if it moves then you need to preload them. If it doesn't move then your preload should be fine.
I think that may be the problem. When I jack the rear of the Z up i can reach in their and rattle the hell out of the springs. If I remember I think even the installer said this was normal on this suspension design...guess that is BS then huh. So even when the rear tires are completely off the ground (jacked up by rear diff) the springs should be solid in there with no rattle or movement?
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote