View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #148 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Congrats on the new ride. Yes those are decent products. I'm not a fan of Micofiber wash mitts, as they are not as gentle as sheep skin mitts. But they should be fine as long as you don't scrub the paint as you wash. I see you bought Scratch X, what do you plan on doing with that? It's fine if you are removing some light marring in a couple of small spots, but not to remove marring from the entire car though. Have fun and let us know how you make out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
I spent a good 5 hours reading autopia threads and washing/waxing threads here on the370z.com. I decided on Meguiar's. On Meguiar's website, I did the enter "Meguiar's Rx Plus Interactive Experience" and it bought the following for use on my 2010 370Z Nismo (1 mos old, 1800 miles):

Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover
Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Gold Class Trim Detailer
Smooth Surface Clay
Scratch X
NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
Ultimate Quick Detailer
Natural Shine Protectant Wipes
NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

I picked up a couple of their microfiber wash mitts, supreme shine microfiber towels, super suede drying towels, and some even-coat applicators. I also snagged two wash buckets w/ dirt filter and lids.

Sunday morning, I'm waking up before the sun and beginning. I plan on: Washing, Bug/Tar Removing, Washing again, Detailing the Exterior Trim, Claying the vehicle, Scratch X'ing any swirls or imperfections, Wax, then clean the windows. Then use the Quick Detailer to fix up any spots I missed.

I fully expect to be at this all day, sunday. Washing outside and doing the rest inside a garage. I do not have a buffing machine, because part of the wash/waxing job is to make my arms stronger, so I plan on being in pain on Monday.

I have an extra MF mitt and extra MF towel I plan on using on the tires/wheels. Since the Z's manual says not to use dressing on the tires, I plan on Only washing them. Then, using the wipes for the interior (which still looks brand new).

Question: Am I missing anything?
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote