View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute
Default Install of Stillen G3 Intakes complete - review, etc.

I finished installing the Stillen G3 Intakes tonight. It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. The front fascia does need to be removed -- I can't quite imagine how else one would accomplish this installation. But it's not as big a deal as one might think.

Car with fascia removed:

The top brace has to be unbolted per the instructions:

Engine bay with stock intakes removed:

We used an air-powered reciprocating saw to expand the holes for the tubes to pass through:

Close up of one of the holes:

The finished result:

The front fascia fit back on perfectly:

View from underneath the car with the undertray removed. (Shows there's still plenty of room for air to reach the radiator.)

Altogether it took us about 90 minutes. (It wasn't nearly as frustrating as removing the stock cats was.)

I did take it out for a quick 'shake-down' drive. My initial impression is that it does seem to pull stronger, and I expect to notice even more of a difference over the next few days as the ECU adapts. I didn't notice too much difference in sound, but that's probably because the sound from my exhaust combo (Stillen/Berk) drowned it out. That might change as the ECU adapts as well. If it does change significantly, I'll make another video clip. If it doesn't, then I won't as it'd be pointless. I plan to get another dyno next week some time. I want to put some miles into it before I dyno to make sure the ECU has adapted.

I'll update this thread with developments as they become available.

Last edited by semtex; 11-24-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added pics
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote