View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #889 (permalink)
Zless@arizona
Base Member

Drives: '01 Chvrlt Tahoe 4x3
Zless@arizona is on a distinguished road
Default tire pressure for racing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by import111 View Post
Since some #'s are being thrown out there, I will throw mine in too, though since I was on street tires my #'s may not matter very much. Stock wheels all 4 corners, BC BR series coil-overs with 10k/8k F/R spring rates.
front:
-stock tires @ 36.5 psi cold
rear:
-Nitto NT05's @ 35 psi cold

Both front and rear tires were 25-30 degrees hotter on the inside, than the outside.
I may be flamed for this response, and I accept it with great humility. Reason for humility: My 30-year old chick-boss told me that my knowledge is no longer applicable to current operations. I was born 20 years before she, and I have several Graduate School degrees more than she, and I know our business more than she, and she asks me, "What do I do, Greg?"...Yet I am bypassed for promotion. I digress! My useless/old info question is: racing Tire Pressures are, typically, higher than OEM recommended PSI. Why are you running only 36.5 (1.5 over stock)???? Call the tire manufacturer for racing PSI. R/S, Greg