View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
ilive2win
Track Member

Drives: 11WWX
ilive2win will become famous soon enough
Default tracking a z with shaved handles???

ok guys, ive searched all over and i cant find anything on this. i even searched the the scca hand/rule book and found nothing and this is why i come to you for answers. ive been an sccs member for about 5 years. this is the first year im running the z. i was planning on having my fiance's cousin shave my door handles for a cleaner look on the z. but i thought about it last night and wouldnt having no handles be a safety issue?
the way my fiance's cousin was going to do it was have access to open the doors only by the key fob and have a lever hidden in the front for the hood incase the battery died or something similar. no buttons were going to be added (such as under the mirror, ect) but i run with the windows down every time, not that it matters. before i pull the trigger on shaving the handles, i wanted to make sure its legal to race with shaved doors. i race solo auto x and open race days at various tracks, streets of willows and such. if scca rules state i cant shave my handles then i wont because i rather race than look good. i just wanted to do something a little different

thanks for your help in advance

Last edited by ilive2win; 04-01-2010 at 01:02 AM.
ilive2win is offline   Reply With Quote