Thread: Blasphemy!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
Allow me to assume that when you say these cars you are talking sports cars in general and not just the 370Z, because allot of these sports cars are designed to compete in Le Mans and various other motorsports events. It is simply not practical for a manufacturer to design both a manual and automatic transmission for the sale car. Particularly if one is substandard. Automatic transmissions are obviously capable and are proving to be an all around better transmission. I don't understand why you are so change adverse.
what i meant was the people who buy them, the corporate executives, actors, rappers, etc.... don't go race in their ferrari enzo or lamborghini gallardo, so the slightly added performance is not that relevant. yes i see your point that it may be impractical and expensive to make two transmissions for the same model. on the other hand, the manual transmission is such a basic mechanical device that is incredibly simple, cheap, and easy to manufacture. so it really shouldn't add too much overhead costs to the car company.