View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

I see your point exactly and yes, their are plenty of right to repair laws, but the technology used by manufacturers, since thats what we are talking about, can be used however they see fit. They designed it, so they can sell it how they see fit, by not selling it, they force people to have to go to the dealer for many repairs. Unless the laws change dramatically, this will continue, and now that the government has its dirty hands in some of the manu's, I cant see that happening anytime soon.

Dont get me wrong, Im with you 100%. I agree that what manu's are doing is wrong and the direction car technology is headed is even more wrong. But as far as the here and now is concerned, they do what they do because they can, in the most basic of terms!