View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Not at all. No where in my method do you ride the clutch. My method is simply this:

When you're at a stop - Left foot clutch in, right foot brake on.
When you're on a hill - Left foot clutch in, right foot brake on.
When you're going - Right foot gas.

At no point do I say that you should be at a stop while clutching and gassing. Riding the clutch is when you're "halfing" the clutch and gas with the goal of not using the brake and not moving forward or backwards.

My point was that you should ALWAYS be in gear. That's not riding the clutch at all.

And to clear the "terms" up, the only way you can be in neutral is when the shifter is not in gear. Clutching in while in gear is not a method of being in neutral as "neutral" is a transmission term.
I see what your saying, i just assumed foot in the clutch was considered riding. I read some where maybe even on here, while your driving dont even let your foot rest on the clutch put it on the dead pedal so you dont press in.

But obviously as your saying theres no gas involved in your scenario where the other ones there is.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote