Thread: Invidia Gimini
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
I am going with the GEN II for a few reasons.

1) This is primarily my wife's DD so she doesn't NEED more HP
2) The GEN II has a throatier sound than the GEN III
3) The GEN II is easier to service and less invasive.

With the HFC's and CBE in the future, the HP gains will be found there. The grounding kit is popular to smooth out the idle and improve throttle response as well. Thanks to 6MT for his feedback on that!
Good points about the Gen 2. I'm contemplating that might be the better way to go too b/c I don't want to be messing around with removing the front bumper all the time. The difference in HP gains between Gen 2 and 3 are likely negligible (Gen 3 sees a 7-10 HP gain through the range compared to stock, until you reach 6800-7500, where you get up to 18 HP).