View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
I can buy that. Caution though....it takes as little as a 5mm difference in diameter of the intake housing where the MAF sensor sits to make a significant A/F ratio impact. I assume then that most 370Z off-the-shelf CAI's are just about all the same diameter as the stock housing diameter at the MAF then?
Stock MAF tube tapers from 2.34" to 2.36" and the car will run with a rich correction to long term fuel trims. (-9%). Bumping the MAF tube up to ONLY 2.39 seems to pretty much eliminate the rich correction and put the Fuel trims right at 0% correction. Only three one thousands of an inch.

Read about why here: Modshack | Stage 2 MOFO (BAMM)

My new tubes:

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote