View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
isnt your method considered riding the clutch? wich shorten its life span? I sort of read you want to go into neutral so you dont ride the clutch.
Not at all. No where in my method do you ride the clutch. My method is simply this:

When you're at a stop - Left foot clutch in, right foot brake on.
When you're on a hill - Left foot clutch in, right foot brake on.
When you're going - Right foot gas.

At no point do I say that you should be at a stop while clutching and gassing. Riding the clutch is when you're "halfing" the clutch and gas with the goal of not using the brake and not moving forward or backwards.

My point was that you should ALWAYS be in gear. That's not riding the clutch at all.

And to clear the "terms" up, the only way you can be in neutral is when the shifter is not in gear. Clutching in while in gear is not a method of being in neutral as "neutral" is a transmission term.

Last edited by Crash; 03-25-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote