View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
CharlieFoxtro
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z BS M6
CharlieFoxtro is on a distinguished road

USNA94;

Thanks. That's sort of what I initially tried. I used cushion foam and tried to shape it to fit the cubby and cut a frame into it to hold the GPS unit. It didn't work out too well. Trying to cut intricate shapes into foam with an electric carving knife was just a bit too difficult!

I don't remember exactly how I got the power cable to the back of the cubby. I removed some of the console trim but I'm not sure whether it was really necessary to do so. I drilled the hole in the back of the cubby and then used what I had on hand, a venetian blind adjustment rod (a wooden dowel would do), pushed it through the hole until it poked out past the trim forward on the transmission hump, attached a string to it and pulled the string back to the hole in the cubby. Then I attached the power cord to the string at the transmission hump and pulled it through. I would have gone to the fuse panel for power but I didn't have a mini fuse tap on hand. I did have wire taps, so I tapped power and ground from the wires for the passenger 12VDC socket.
CharlieFoxtro is offline   Reply With Quote