View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #290 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillenZ View Post
If someone can answer the last question, I'm assuming you can answer this one. If you did you Cobb, and planned on don't plan on getting a dyno-tune, would it be just as safe or what? I guess my thinking on this is that Stillen worked with UpRev throughout all of this so it just seems like they would know more about tuning there supercharger. I am totally asking as a newb so anything positive would be appreciated.

Also, with the upgrades that I have, If I'm understanding it right: I will pull info from my ecu and send it to Stillen.... Then they create a "safe" tune for it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. Thanks
If someone wants to use a COBB tuner they will more than likely want to purchase our "tuner kit." This is the kit that comes with everything except injectors and a fuel pump. Then they will need to take that setup to an authorized COBB tuner so that they can have their car re-tuned.

DO NOT INSTALL THE SUPERCHARGER WITHOUT HAVING YOUR TUNING SOLUTION READY!!! I can not stress this enough! You can not just install the supercharger and then download your normal, off the shelf UPrev, or COBB tune. Those tunes are optimized for naturally aspirated vehicle's. Their a/f and timing calibration will destroy your motor in no time...You need to have a tune set up specifically for forced induction.

I will elaborate on the tuning as long as I can...I just need to get permission from the guys at UPrev to make sure anything I might say is not proprietary.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote