View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
xiven
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Cookie Monster
xiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond reputexiven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post

VERY Nice upgrade. The interface (looking at OP's) is much better than 6140. I hope they don't charge your credit card later if they do find out
So far so good. I've had it for awhile and everything is good right now.

Worked on it this past Friday night. Put in the Bluetooth, ran the antennas, ipod cable, axxess steering wheel control and wired up the head unit. Powered it on and everything looked fantastic. I was super stoked. The GUI was f'in sick! The steering wheel controls I was not able to get programmed and Sirius wasn't working cuz I didn't have the adapter plug. Didn't realize that til I saw the plug wasn't gonna fit. Looked online and saw best buy had it at a store 20 miles away but it was already 10:30 at night so they were closed. Rode around and called a buddy to test the bluetooth. It works pretty good on both ends. Called it a night at almost 1 just fascinated with all the features it has. Next morning I woke up early and started wiring the backup cam. Took a good look at everything and decided against doing that part myself. Looked online and found a local shop that opened at 10. They took me right in and I showed the installer exactly how I wanted it hooked up and for them to basically finish up the install but not button it up since I need to put on the sirius adapter plug. I wanted them to check the cam first and make sure it was working. Its from the same seller that AK used on ebay. They hooked it up and I had them point it up into the light. No whiteout could be seen so I said go ahead and install it. I did notice that it didn't have the colored lines on it like AK's. Instead it has lines with numbers on each side indicating how many feet away you are. After it was installed, it looked fine. The white balance outside isn't the best but its not that bad. I can tolerate it. I kinda wish it adjusted itself. At night its grainy but that doesn't really bother me that much either. The axxess control adapter had to get the firmware updated in order for the controls to work. Also they tapped into 2 wires on the factory harness that were for the controls on the car. It was a bugger to get working but I'm glad they figured it all out. Also, one other thing I noticed this morning on my way to work. I happen to turn on my navigation and the road i was driving on when i looked down turned red on the navi. I was like WAAAAHHH???? I'm guessing having sirius hooked up that it integrates with the garmin navi and shows traffic cuz when I was on that road that was red i was in heavy traffic. So I'm very impressed so far. It compliments the Z immensely.

I'll take some pics later and post them on here.
xiven is offline   Reply With Quote