View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanboy View Post
i am an owner of a 2009 370z Nismo and just wondering before i invest on the cold air intake... is it recommended to re-tune the car since Nissan tuned it for the Nismo specifications?
It really depends. Its the MAF intake diameter immediately prior to the sensor (air cone side of sensor) that determines impact to the air volume being measured. If the MAF intake immediately prior to the sensor was replaced AND is now of a larger diameter than the stock one that was replaced, then yes a tune is certainly needed as the volume of air being measured at the MAF sensor will now be increased.

However if the MAF intake was replaced AND AND the diameter immediately prior to the sensor remains the sames as the stock one that was replaced, then NO a tune is NOT warranted as the volume of air being measured at the MAF sensor will remain the same as before the substitution.

Understand that again I am saying the diameter of the inlet tube immediately prior to the MAF sensor. It has nothing to do with the intake tube diameter AFTER the MAF sensor going to the plenum.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 03-29-2010 at 11:12 AM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote