View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
J Ritt
Base Member

Drives: '03 Z06 MY
J Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
J Ritt has never held a set of FM1000's and a set of DS2500's side by side.
Come on Gary, you know better than that.

On top is the DS2500 for the Nissan GT-R. On bottom is the Brembo FM1000 that fits the Brembo Mono6 caliper. You can see a few extra specs of copper in the DS2500 on these particular pads (and a few larger chunks of bat wing, eye of newt, or whatever it is on the FM1000's), but it's obvious that the overall texture and composition is the same. You're always going to see some variance between pad batches (and even pads within the same set)...they'll never look exactly the same. If I dug through our warehouse, I'm certain I could pull one of each compound out that looked completely identical.

As a point of reference, I threw a third pad into the mix just to show what a truly different compound would look like (CL Brakes sintered pad).

I'm not going to argue this point any further though. Both compounds are a good street/track compound, but neither is a great full out race pad on a heavy, high hp car...regardless of whether it's on a BBK or the OEM Akebono's. Customers can choose what they want, who to believe, etc. I'll give my pad recommendations based on their needs and situation.

As a final note, I gave them the taste test as well...the Ferodo's definitely taste almost exactly the same.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
J Ritt is offline   Reply With Quote