View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
MutantChicken
Base Member

Drives: 2004 Ram-2007 Harley
MutantChicken is on a distinguished road

Funny, I came here because I was directed through a Camaro forum... I ended up joining this site because I thought you were a bunch of level headed people.... personally I think both cars are great... and very close performace wise. The Camaro will take it in the straights, no doubt, and this version handles better than any other ever put out, lord knows it will handle better than my '67 Fbody !!!!! And on the flip-side, the Z will show the Camaro who is boss in the twisties, it's smaller, lighter, it's what it is made for !

They have very similar numbers in 0-60 and 60-0, too close in fact ! The Camaro does with brute force what the Z does with finess . It's kind of like comparing apples and oranges, but they perform so closely it makes you want to compare them any way.

My wife has already ordered her Camaro, she just had to have one, we ordered it on the first possible day ( Oct. 13th by the way ), and I will drive it and enjoy every second of it. But I have always wanted a Z, so if things work out the way they are supposed to, I will be getting my Z right after she takes delivery of her Camaro......

Then we shall see....

Apples or Oranges ?
MutantChicken is offline   Reply With Quote