View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I believe SIRIUS bought XM and technically they are the same company but their service is still different. The technology is different and you still need separate receiver for XM and SIRIUS.

I had XM before and SIRIUS now. I like SIRIUS.

Frost, do you like Howard Stern? With your sense of humor, you'll probably get a kick out of his show
I listened to his show before he made the move, and I had sirius for a bit after he made the move. But here are my two problems:
The DJs. "interrupted" radio is just as bad as radio with commercials. It's not like I want to turn it on at a party and have the DJ come on with "that was Boston, with blahblahblah." I know who the fuckin band is honey, it says it right on the receiver.
I also turn on classical music when I read, and between every song I have to listen to von charles winchester tell me the history of the fuckin song. Mofugger, if I want to know history, I'll wikipedia that sh-t.

My 2nd problem is one of the stations I liked (I believe a classic rock station) even started playing commercials. Of course it was much less than standard radio, but again, not what I pay for. So I ditched the service and never looked back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
<insert snarky, slightly condescending frost joke>
frost is offline   Reply With Quote