View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_4 View Post
if i have never used an impact gun would you still recommend i do the front stud replacement? that step confuses me....so using the impact gun is bringing the stud out towards "us" to fit in place?

im assuming home depot or such would rent out an impact gun or am i wrong?
you could do it with a regular long bar socket wrench, but you would need a helper stepping on the brakes and your muscles would get really tired.
The ends of the bolts are knurled, and are normally pressed into the hub. When you install them after initial assembly, they are pulled in with the impact wrench, or you could pull them in the same way manually, but you are putting a the stud into a slighly smaller hole, hence the getting really tired part.