View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #91 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again to the OP for doing the test.

I just wanted to throw out some points since I used to work around this stuff. I bounced this test off a few friends and these are some thoughts I wanted to share.

First: In terms of air temp, why do some seem to forget we have ducting through the core support to direct cooler air toward the filters (in terms of a short ram). People seem to forget that when they get going about how a CAI takes in cooler air, it may not be as big a difference on this car versus most others that don't have these ducts.

Second: It's unfortunate that they were not plotting Air Fuel Ratios on the dyno. After seeing this and talking to some people I think the air temp is less relevant versus what the design of the intake does to the AFR. Lean means more power. If you design your intake to push the AFR as lean as you can go and still be safe, your intake will make better peak numbers on the dyno. Pipe diameters, pipe length, filter restrictiveness, AFM placement all have an effect.

I think the intake that favorably suited this cars fueling requirement for the mods that it had won the shoot out.

Last edited by G Fo12ce; 03-28-2010 at 10:03 AM.