View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Re: "icing mode"...you broke those pads in before using them on the track, ya?
Not sure if this is at me, but if it is....no, haven't tracked yet. I plan to break the pads in on the highway to the track in the wee hours of the morning

I'm hoping the 'iced' sensation is just due to the need for burnishing. Looking at the rotors after my local spin, it appears the track pads just removed the stock pad material from my rotors rather than transferred any new material to them. I think I just resurfaced my rotors!

I'll report back on how the pads are going after next weekend. So far, they have me amazed with the difference in feel.

Carbotech claims they are rotor friendly and have non-corrosive dust making them usable as DD pads. The feel alone has me tempted to keep them on for a while beyond next week. The squeakiness doesn't bug me too much yet. Dust is...ummmm...substantial.

Last edited by spearfish25; 03-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote