View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #231 (permalink)
Pianoman
Base Member

Drives: 20th Annivrsy Gti
Pianoman is on a distinguished road

Frankly..... Any auto group has those "autozone, pepboy junkies"

AMS here in Chicago, And Buschar Racing both picked up 2.0T Gen coupes and AMS is already picking it apart to start making parts for it.... IF you know anything about either of those company's expect them to turn them into 9 second dragsters sometime next year, if not sooner..This car will be the new "fox body of the import world"...and by that I mean it won't take much to get it into the 300-400hp range for cheap... Full Exhaust, up the boost,add some fuel, and maybe a clutch/intercooler and this will probably surpass the Z in a straight line..I speak only for the 2.0T..not the V6

If you feel like comparing the Z to the Coupe, which I wouldn't they are 2 different cars, Keep it to the V6....Those 2.0T's will probably become drag queens...Heck thats the only reason I'd get a Gencoupe anyhow.. 400whp+ DD....I highly doubt the chassis is as tuned as the Z's and car for car, corner for corner, stock or modified suspension...I would think the Z would be better in the curves... Being that the Z is a 2 seater it puts it with the Porsche Boxster/Cayman category, maybe even base model vette's?? I love the Z but its unrealistic to have 2 seater with no back up vehicle... Leaving a 2+2 a better option for a consumer in my position Rx8/Gencoupe/Ford Crapstain...For the price of a Civic Si, or Gti, why not look at the gen 2.0T..? ....and let me add the 370 shouldn't have back seats.. it would take away from what they redesigned the car to be...

Last edited by Pianoman; 03-24-2009 at 12:26 PM.