View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
kartman
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z RD M6
kartman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketman View Post
I don't have a pics of removal, guess I could take some. As far as the rubbing goes, the stillen unit doesn't bolt up to anything, its just kind of wedged in there. I would think cutting the hole as tight as possible would help with the rubbing issue. It may also be that the a/c line could be a little higher or lower depending on the individual car. Putting a small piece of fuel line hose on the a/c line will be really easy and would stop any destructive rubbing. I would not worry about it to much, the car in the picture had the hole hawged out pretty good, the rubbing took place over about 8-10,000 miles. A small piece of hose would have stopped all the problems.
I'm likely just being paranoid but pics of the bumper removal would be appreciated as this is the thing that ranks at the top of my concern list when doing this mod... I really don't want to damage anything cosmetic when removing the bumper.

The car is not handy at the moment. Is the A/C line on the drivers side accessible with the stock airboxes in place? I'm wondering about the diameter of the line so I can track down a piece of tubing that has a similar ID for protection when I get to the install.

thanx in advance.
kartman is offline   Reply With Quote