View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Quick HELP! Brake Pad Change

I'm mid-change in swapping out the stock sport pads for Carbotechs. I've hit a little snag that I'm hoping someone can answer quickly (to avoid disassembling and redoing everything).

The inner front pads have a bronze piece that looks like it's stamped to a post on one corner of the pad. The Carbotechs have the post, but there is no bronze piece to be found. It doesn't look like there is any way to remove the piece from the stock pad to move over to the Carbotech.

Is this a mandatory component that I'm either missing or need to swap over, or do the Carbotechs exclude it purposely?

Please see the pic with the bronze piece on the pad's corner.

Instant Rep Points for the first helpful reply
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bronze piece.jpg (134.0 KB, 24 views)