View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
J Ritt
Base Member

Drives: '03 Z06 MY
J Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond reputeJ Ritt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does Ferodo have brake pads for the rears for Akebono Sport calipers. I got the Brembo upgrade coming in and would like to match the pads for front and rear.
Yes, Ferodo DS2500 and DS3000 are available front and rear for the Akebono calipers. I'll put the part numbers up on Monday when I'm back in the office.

Quote:
Also RCZ is saying in his opinion the 2500 Isn't that great on the track.
This is the key point. Neither DS2500 or FM1000 is a great track pad. Both are street/track pads. They would be fine for a lighter, less powerful car on the track. The 370Z is not that. It is heavy-ish and high HP. (I consider anything over 3000lbs. heavy, and over 300hp high hp). I'd recommed a full-blown race pad if you want to go fast with the 370Z on the track, particularly if you're using R compound tires. Hybrid street/track pads are a compromise.
J Ritt is offline   Reply With Quote