View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #66 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I find it weird nobody is addressing Red370 or RCZ's valid questions. Only the positive questions are getting a response.
read this again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker-Jackson Nissan View Post
The tests that were posted were done with the hood down and bumper on, so they were as "Real World" as we could get. As far as the validity goes, we had the Stillen Intake installed, and it was driven roughly 30 miles and WOT multiple times before the Dyno. It was then switched to the TS, and the same was done. Its a fine line between letting the ECU adjust and not taking too much time in between tests. In the end, no test is perfect, but this is as close as anyone can get.

As far as the mod's are concerned, (and yes we are aware that some of these do not add power, but still should be disclosed) so far they are:

Either TS or Stillen Intake
Stillen HFC
Stillen Headers
Top Secret Exhaust
AP Racing Big Brake Kit
B&M Short Shifter
ACT Clutch Assembly
NST Pulley Kit
I-Forged 20" Spring Rims
and a few others that don't affect a dyno run.

In the end, we are all still surprised at the results. We welcome any other questions that you guys might have. Bottom line, for the current set up that we have, the TS intake reaps greater benefits than the Stillen. Both excellent products either way. Maybe we will redo these tests with more mod's on next week and a few forum members can come watch??? Up to you guys!