View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN View Post
Be sure you allow enough time for the ECU to adapt AWAY from the Gen 3's before you do back to back dynos. If you're not starting from a stock intake setup, just putting something on after the Gen 3's will require 7-8 wot runs to get the ECU to utilizing the new intake. Just as you would from the stock to the Gen 3's..
I saw the same thing on the dyno going from the NISMO exhaust to the HKS exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylenze View Post
the reason i asked is because the only dyno comparison from complete stock to stock w/ G3 I know is done by RCZ... and when he did that he had his bumper off, and i agree with your statement above...However, this is also the dyno numbers that most people are basing their assumption that the G3 has the most power gains over stock...

with that being said, i am pretty sure most people will just discredit this dyno study if it doesn't show favorable to the G3s... like what happened to Technosquare's dyno study of stillen bolt ons... and its actually happening already (see the posts after yours)... any case, im pretty sure these guys will be smart and independent enough and will keep scenarios in a constant environment.... so i am definitely in for the results
Well put but it will still be interesting to see, especially if the results are not close like most people say they should be. I think the best way would be to allow for adaption, hood on, bumper down, same fan in front (replicating driving conditions).

However it turns out, thanks again for doing the test!! +rep.