Thread: Oil Temp Survey
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #72 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Well, I plugged "What is the ideal engine oil temperature?" into Google...

But my point is that you can always Google the question if really want to know. And maybe a search at bobistheoilguy would yield some good answers as well.
You overanalzyed my question just a bit.

Many are claiming dangerously high (or at least problematic) oil temperatures under certain conditions. My question isn't what an ideal oil temperature is, because I feel under normal conditions (both driving and environmental conditions), most will find their Z operating well within the limits of "normal oil temperatures".

My question is what do you expect our oil temperatures to be at, with the understanding there is no factory oil cooler, assuming you're tracking or sporty driving on a hot day?

If the expectations of the 370z owners are that the car should be running at a perfect 190-200 degrees on a hot, track day without an oil cooler, I think the problem may be our expectations, not the engine.

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.