View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL370 View Post
Agreed that was a great help.

It's the same old story really

I'm impressed with F.Is quality and customer service.

I'm impressed with Berk being stock looking and sound.

I come from a WRX / Speed 3 background so I'm after somthing tuff.

I have been advised by Tony himself from F.I to go for the 18" res if I had high flow cats. However I am in my early 20s and I wouldnt mind somthing more wild and crazy. Plus I do alot of mountain driving, I dont want my F.I cannons taking out a Wombat.

P.S Matt, what res did your mate have?
If you have any concerns that your F.I. system may be too loud, go with the 18". If you have any concerns that it may not be loud enough, go with 12". That is, of course, if you're set on choosing that brand.

I'm certainly not trying to persuade you into choosing one or the other, and I absolutely revere Tony and F.I.'s customer service and professionalism, but assuming that both systems you mention in the OP last a lifetime with no mechanical issues (neither show any signs of poor, general workmanship), what's the single factor that you have to live with every day you own the Z? The look/sound/tone of the exhaust!

The system my friend, Zsteve, has 12" resonators, IIRC.

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.

Last edited by Matt; 03-26-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote