View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Sry for the long delay in response. I have been offline all week, busy at work.

Try trips of 7 miles round trip per day to and from work, now that has a tendency to consume oil because the condensation that builds up in oil with short trips and not enough driving to heat up the oil to burn off the condensation. I am no expert either on oil, but I think the break down of the oils viscosity is due to the shearing of the oil from our high tolerance engines.

I used to run PP in my Z33 and it resulted well with short OCI's and DD driving with no track or auto X. I ran it for one OCI with the Z34 and it held up ok but not a good test as the engine was still sealing and seating and a lot assembly lubes still needed to be cleaned out. But what worked well in the VQDE engines will not necessarily net the same results in our engines. Your best friend is a used oil analysis.

I would like to see an oil guru step up to the plate and open a thread similar to Resolute's thread on my350z on oil and UOA’s and the collection of data to inform which oil for the type of driving is best for our engine.

May want to look into Amsoil's Nano Paper Air filter as a stock air filter replacement.

Now that spring is here I bet we will see a lot more miles start to rack up on the odometer and hopefully more UOA's posted. Look forward to your next UOA.
Before I moved here, I used to drive a 8 mile round trip. Sometimes during the the winter [in NJ] the oil temp would barely start moving until I almost at my office. Now I'm up to a 45 mile round trip, plenty of time to get the engine warmed up.

I looked into the Amsoil air filters, it seems they don't have one for our cars yet. I think I will go with Purolater oil & air filters next time around.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote