View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
As someone who is even more on the fence about getting a tune post-installation after seeing no gains in HP/torque, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

How is tweaking the tune making things safer?

I really originally wanted to get a tune, but if I'm not seeing much of a gain at the risk of losing my warranty, I kind of need some convincing.
Because regardless of what kind of gains you might get from a tune (or lack thereof), a tune will correct your AFR, which will most likely be out of whack after you make a substantial number of mods to your intake and exhaust. Specifically, we've seen the AFR go lean, which means too much air, not enough fuel. That can cause damage to your engine. In extreme cases, it can even make your engine do a grenade impression.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote