View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

I've heard both F.I. AND Berk in person, albeit the Berk CBE was paired with HFCs.

First of all, they both sound awesome and I promise, unless you're extremely nitpicky or over-sensitive, neither will disappoint you or leave you with buyer's remorse.

Fast Intentions exhaust makes your car sound like a totally different car. When my friend was coming from a few blocks away, I could have sworn it was some Euro import, $90k+ car. It wasn't as deep as I like, but definitely aggressive and head-turning. Exotic is certainly the word that is used most often, and it fits well, I promise.

Berk exhaust (again, I've only heard it paired with HFCs, which is probably an unfair comparison with F.I., admittingly) has a roar that, in my opinion, fits the car perfectly. It's a very deep growl, and possibly a little less volume than the F.I. CBE alone. Very aggressive, and the roar doesn't change from 3k->7k, you just feel it deeper in the pit of your stomach as you get higher in the RPMs!

They both are relatively quiet at lower RPMs, with the Berk being the more subtle of the two below 2k RPMs. Neither have any drone above 3k. I'm not going to comment about the drone of the FI below 2k, because I've only been in a 7AT, which has a lower shift point than what most MT drivers will choose. Now that the group buys are over, they are relatively close in price.

F.I. is a lot "prettier" of an exhaust system. The welds are impeccable and the rear view of the install is breath-taking. BERK CBE definitely has a stock look to it, and while the welds are strong and the fitment is right, it doesn't have the "wow" factor when you take it out of the box. Mind you, once it goes on your car, no one sees most of what I've mentioned anyways.

Another factor to keep in mind is your future plans with HFCs/LTHs. While both, assumingly, are compatible in any configuration, getting the full system of either may result in a more complete sound and/or performance. Then again, as I'm not an expert, it may not matter at all!!!

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote