View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
abakja1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: STI, MDX, Titan
abakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkseed View Post
So I ordered two parking light LEDS that was recommended by a few forum members. I went ahead and installed them, was very easy and had great results. However, 2 weeks later the driver side bulb had melted off inside, leaving part of the bulb trapped inside the headlight. It took me about 4 hours to remove the piece. Slightly after seeing the melted bulb, the headlamp for the driver side now goes out intermediately, only turns back on for a few minutes by hitting the side of the light.

I have now taken my car into the dealership 5 times as they order new parts each time they cannot figure out what is going on. I cannot stress how f'd up this situation is. DO NOT order from v-leds as they're parking LED has malfunctioned and melted off and probably ruined my light. Also, they did not refund me telling me its been over 30 days.

Nissan told me that they're going to fix it anyways despite the modification parking light... hopefully.

I know I've installed the correct light because I matched the power compared to the stock bulb. From now on I think I'll be using the stock orange parking lights.

Just a heads up to anyone thats about to use this company.
It might help the rest of us which LED you bought and installed. It might just be a part of bad luck on your part that this happened to you, so it might be the same for the rest of us unless more incidences occur..

Any pics would help of the led, damage to your light and housing, and any more info..

Good luck!