View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nick911sc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nissan GT-R
Nick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
I've had my Z for a little of 3wks and I'm finally getting the 1st gear engagement thing to a manageable point. Do what the other guys have said...1.5-2k although I've been starting off at 1.5-1.8k...2k seems like a little too much for a casual (normal) start. Let the clutch out to the point where it starts to grip and the car starts moving and then keep it there while the car starts to roll. Once you get a little bit of momentum (this doesn't take too long maybe 10-20ft) then you can let the clutch out all the way. No lurching or neck snapping.
idk what anyone else thinks.. but that seems like a little bit of a long time to keep the clutch at the friction point..Clutch shouldn't be picking up the slack to keep the car smooth. That would end up costly.
Nick911sc is offline   Reply With Quote