View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssqpolo View Post
So, I just installed my test pipes (bought from DD). the first thing i noticed was...MY SERVICE ENGINE SOON light!! that's a bummer. i guess i have one of the few "sensitive" engines. with that said, it sounds great (sound clips coming this weekend). there is a lil rasp around 2700-3000 rpms, but that goes away soon, and the beautiful sound comes to life. its the same note as stock, just a little louder, but definitely not annoying at all. SORRY GUYS, NO DYNO YET! i just didnt have the time. but i will probably go soon. i have to say though, and i know its a inappropriate saying, but it does FEEL a little quicker. nothing too drastic, but i did some pulls against my friend (before and after), and there was some change. Overall, I am pretty happy. I will probably sell them though to get the HFCs, so my CEL will go away. I don't think it will trigger the CEL on some cars tho because mine only goes on when my gas tank is half empty (or half full). so if u have any questions, fire away. Or, if ur in the florida area and want to buy them, i will keep you in mind once my HFCs come in.
Unfortunately with the newer Nissan's, the second O2 sensor after the cat can adjust fuel trims, so it's input is required (can't just pop an O2 sensor emulator in there).

We've seen some CEL issues with HFCs as well with the G37s, it can depend on the car, but there is no direct answer right now to avoiding the CELs for test/race pipes or high flow cats..

One of the reasons we're doing additional testing on our HFCs before releasing anything..
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote