View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #242 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
That sentence really bothers me as this can't be further from the truth. No canned tune can be 100% safe, especially when force inducting a car that is normally aspirated from the factory. Even a custom tune for the car will never be 100% safe.

No offense, but any vendor who will say that their tune is 100% safe is basically lying.
Obviously it's only safe as any tune can be safe... Even the OEM tune can cause problems.

I don't think it's worth to have a full discussion on this, but when done with safety in mind, done correctly (correct install and within the limits of what the engine components can handle) and you look at how you can compensate for items that could damage the engine, a supercharger setup like this is a pretty safe bet.

You might not want to take my word for it and I'm not saying you should, feel free to disagree.
But maybe my statements have some more credibility if I told you that I have worked at Jaguar (uk), where my team was responsible for the calibration of the V8 engines, this included the NA and SC engines. So I've spend my fair share tuning engines for performance, safety, mpg and emission. And I know what it takes to break an engine and how to ensure they are reliable...

Last edited by Xan; 03-24-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote