View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #240 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
Nope...You're pretty much right on...

Don't get me wrong, just like a factory prepared car, if you can get a custom tune for your car then yes, you will be getting the most power possible. However, the tune that comes with our supercharger is no different than the tune that comes from Nissan. It is a pre set tune that will work perfectly fine for 99.9% of the owner's of these cars. If someone is building themselves a track car, then yes, they will want to pay a little extra to have a custom tune done specifically for their car. Each car/engine is a little different and every person adds their own exhaust, or exhaust and high flow cats, or long tube headers...the of possible variables goes on.

In order to achieve CARB legality we have to supply a locked tune. This is just like any O.E. car or aftermarket parts manufacturer. The tune must be pre-programmed and locked down. That tune is 100% safe and reliable for the car and will give great power and reliability. If someone wants to gain more power or custom tune for their other aftermarket parts combinations, they can do a custom tune on their own.
Seems like a pretty solid approach to me.

Could you also let me know which version you guys are using? (V-3 SCi-Trim or the V-3 Si-Trim)
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote