View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
pbpd4816
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z B+S 6MT Blk
pbpd4816 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown82 View Post
why are you adding 7 thousand to the price tag? they sale for 48-49k. and ive seen nismo sale for 40K which is ridiculous for the little performance gain.

there putting down 390+ hp to the wheels and around 376tq
thats about 120 more hp to the wheels. and rated same mpg. so id say thats a pretty big gap. and just fyi 20% of say 260-70 rwhp which is about ave for the Z it seems is comes around to 53hp.

the ls3 is actually makes about 46% more power. and thats just the horse power. not counting in the more tq is makes at much lower rpms

and there are 4 bangers that are pushing nearly the same rwhp as the 3.7 from the factory so its kinda silly to bring up the "its almost twice as big". they could have made the engine pump out ALOT more power if they so chose to. but thats what Next generation cars are for. ntm avoiding gas guzling taxes and making sure the car still have good roadside manners and not to much power. not all the vette owners want the over the top power like say of the zo6.

anywho. i like both cars. but im not going to try and make the 370z as being on par with the c6 vettes. c5.. yes.

and good luck to Z eliminator. if he goofs up the launch or something you could possibly hold him off, but it will take him having to goof up. at 312rwhp and him with an exhaust work he still will have about 70-80hp over you and the weight advantage. get it on video!!!
Jesus, I knew I shouldn't have posted anything. And this is exactly why I don't have many posts and will go back to the way I was before with this forum. Reading it in the shadows. My friend paid $55,000 dollars for his vette. Did he get ripped off? Idk and don't care. I paid 30,665 for my car. 24,000 dollars IN MY OPINION should get a person alot more. I was speaking of flywheel horsepower. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my friend's vette is rated at 415 FLYWHEEL hp. Our car is 336 hp. 79 more flywheel hp for a motor that is not far from being twice the cubic inches. If I had a point, then i guess this was it. I find it far more impressive that a 3.7l V-6 can be engineered to make the power that it is making from the factory vs. 6.2l engine making what it does from the factory. Does this mean the 3.7 is stretched thin as it is and the 6.2 has alot of room for improvement. This very well may be the case. I thought I was pointing out the obvious.
pbpd4816 is offline   Reply With Quote