View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #87 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolya View Post
First off, I'd like to thank Tony, he is truly and upstanding guy and went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied. The headers made some very significant gains in hp and torque in the midrange.

On the drive home I was really able to feel the difference. The car pulls harder and doesn't have that split second lag at around 4k rpm. After driving the car for about 400 miles I can now say I am satisfied with the results.

Sebastian at Specialty Z did a great job on the tune. He spent well over four hours making sure everything was perfect. All things considered I had a great time, learned a lot, and made my car a bit faster. Good times.
Not trying to rain on the parade here, but I have to say that I find the absence of any comment on the impact of these headers on low-end torque and power somewhat conspicuous. What happened on the low end? Please tell me that the gains in the midrange didn't come at a huge expense on the low end. *keeping fingers crossed*
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote