View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Rambler View Post
O.K. i listen to 75% rap , I listen to all kinds of music. Don't want to shake the roof off (been there done that) want good solid base. My amp is the jl 500/5. There is no budget !! just want to know what's best then i'll budget accordingly. If you are going to bash a particular brand please list why and experiences. Don't just hate on a brand because you can
now let me know !!!! Oh yea it will be going into the new wickedcas. box
I wouldnt mess with a flat 10 from any brand. You will dissapointed and anything less than a 13Tw5 in that enclosure would be a compromise. I have audioned numerous flat subs and I was not impressed except for the JL 13TW5. It is the only flat sub I have heard that sounds and performs like a convential type subwoofer. Yes I know they cost a lot but if your going that route your just gonna have to pony up the dough. Your 500/5 will power it just fine. The fact that this sub has a 6" voice coil gives it amazing cone control and power handling.

You may want to check the "JL Stealth Box" thread as I posted in detail along with the plans and measurements for my boundary loaded enclosure with this sub. Its truley impressive with its perfect balance of SPL and SQ with an emphasis on SQ. My car will be competing in IASCA this summer in an SQ competition as I have been sponsored by Car Toys.

Last edited by 2fast4thelaw; 03-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.
2fast4thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote