View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zpil0t6
Base Member

Drives: 07 Zo6,06 GTO,05Busa
Zpil0t6 is on a distinguished road
Default The Genesis project.

recently i've warned a few memeber here about the Genesis.

i wish to clarify.

1 the 3.8 v6 Gen coupe track...is no threat to the Z ...it would require an estimated 2500 to get it to equal acceleration performance and possibly get close to the Z's lateral G numbers.. if it can at all....lowering and differnt sized rubber along with more chassis stiffening.

2. the 2.0T......its a mess . programming is gonna be the big issue...getting a bigger turbo and injector/fuel pump. return fuel line, intercooler, ic piping ,exhaust and intake...will not be cheap.....

the spec r 2.0t is no threat whatsover in stock form. and would require...for an average Joe who has the work done for him.....4-6k to do all of the above mentioned mods and even then....350rwh or 400.....isn't
all that impressive.....i beleive through NA mods the Z can attain close to 350 rwhp.....and its supension and braking are already superior. ( this is coming from a C6 Zo6 owner)

Hyundai is gonna screw the pooche.

they will overprice their car right into the Z range. For fun i contacted a dealer for a 3.8 v6 6 speed 0-60 in 5.9 stock.....

they want 30k+

in retropsec i went hunting for end of the month deals..... i can now get a 370Z for a cool 31900 ..with sport package.....if you ready to deal. and have a cashier check in hand...

In short... yes there will be some fast 2.0t genesis's and i'm sure( since i've seen headers and catback and intake for the V6 Genesis) some quick V6 Genesis's as well.....but the Z is so far ahead out of the gate for just barely
1k more.... and as of right now the only correction for the Z thats an absolute need, is the ext oil cooler.

In summation.....i feel bad for Hyundai. They had the right idea...but they HAVE to know that for 1k differnce.....A Nissan Z has prestige, and heritage.
and there is already enough NA aplication mods for it to make it as fast as any stock LS1 ever was. And i would know.

Now there is a caveat.....all those mods made for the Nissan 3.5 and 3.7 nissans.....could theorectically be reengineered for the V6 3.8...

aps TT should have no issue putting a lower boost twin turbo kit on the genesis.....

the fact remains that if you do the same to the Z you'll kick the Hyundai off the track.

I've been doing alot of research and talking...with the genesis crowd.

sadly and appoligetically i was wrong.. i beleived the hype. And was gonna get a 2.0 for my son.....

Now mind you..it is Not an ugly car. if you think so you need to see a Black or red in person.
they are nice...but not 30k nice.....a 5.9 0-60 doesn't cut it.......that 1.2 seconds slower than the fastest 370z tested times. that so significan't..... Now the V6 may have abit more in it that hyundai is protecing for warranteee reasons......but its a No Joy contest with the 3.7 Nissan mill.

thanks for reading....any input is appreciated( except for typing critque..lol i know)

Last edited by Zpil0t6; 03-22-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Zpil0t6 is offline   Reply With Quote