View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #201 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Good info on the complications ^
Been looking at this for my next mod, but not excited about the labor cost at $363 for a part that runs, what $200. But the gains may out weigh to total cost.
I'm pretty sure you can get better rates. The tech tried to report the actual time spent, which was much less than 2 hours. Then the service advisor (at the dealership) tried to explain to me about the effort that went into getting this "aftermarket" part to fit. I was late for work and didn't want to deal with it.

One of the owners reported leaking crank seal, but I wonder if it was from too much effort installing the crank pulley. That's what I'm worried about the most, but so far I don't see any oil drips.

In terms of gains, I've gained smoothness. Throttle effort is lighter, and it's much easier to drive smooth (1st-2nd shift, or quicker shifts). It just feels light and much more pleasant to drive. The MPG meter seems to hover much higher in the high gears when cruising. 5th and 6th gear effort on the highway when going uphill is much better than before.