View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
CharlieFoxtro
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z BS M6
CharlieFoxtro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Agreed. For me, GPS works better when it's in my line of sight, so I use a window suction mount whenever I need it.
I thought line of sight might be a problem, but it didn't turn out to be for me. It might be however, for someone taller than average. The cubby door open may be perceived as a safety issue though. The best part of about mounting in the cubby is that the GPS is out of sight when not in use or parked and there are no telltale suction cup marks on the windshield. I have my radar detector mounted on the mirror stem like a lot of others on this forum. It's a PITA to remove it every time I'm parked somewhere. Wish I could find a better solution for it.

The best solution for mounting a radar detector I ever came up with was on a 1999 Accord. Found a really small thin detector at Radio Shack that I mounted inside the headliner behind the windshield. I installed and wired an OEM fog light switch to the detector so I could turn it off if I got pulled over. There's nothing worse than a squealing radar detector when a cop is asking you for your driver's license (especially if detectors are verboten where you happen to get pulled over)! The radar detector was not especially good, lots of falsing and no laser, but I kept me from ever getting a ticket in that car and I never had to worry about it being visible.
CharlieFoxtro is offline   Reply With Quote