View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #44 (permalink)
rsximus
Base Member

Drives: 2007 335i, 2009 370Z
rsximus is on a distinguished road

Ahhh I guess I'll chime in since I own both a 335i and 370Z.

Those euro snobs over there claim Japanese cars lack soul, well the 335i is my first German car and I'd say that it lacks soul.

The 335i pulls pulls very strong and attains speed so fast with such stability that it just wasn't exciting getting there anymore. Kinda hard to explain. Basically I'm cruising 60mph, I pick a spot in traffic, floor it and I shoot out. Next thing I know I'm going 120. I'm like...the hell?, the engine didn't even sound like it tried. No fuss, no drama, no gratification. It's so stable that 120 feels like 80 or 90 in a regular car.

The car has amazing steering feel, and handling that's for sure. Maybe what I'm trying to say is the car is soo good in what it does that it becomes unexciting.

I needed a second car that would get my heart pumping again. Plus I was suffering from manual transmission withdrawal. After test driving the new S65 powered V8 M3 which btw was overpriced and feels slower in most daily driving conditions than my 335i, plus it was too similar to the driving dynamics of any other 3 series, just better exhaust note and worst gas mileage and ride quality. It left me unimpressed for the price of admission.

I would never buy an AUDI because they are unreliable heaps of crap.. Plus who wants to pay $40K+ for a Volkswagen? Though I must admit the S5 is quite the looker.

I always thought the 370Z was absolutely stunning in design, so I decided to test drive one. I was hooked after the test. Man did this car get my heart racing, driving position, clutch, gearbox, handling, steering. Everything just seems so RAW yet wrapped in such an elegant and beautiful high quality package. I still don't understand how Nissan is able to sell this car so cheap, this car feels like it's worth 50k compared some of the crap I've test driven.

I get a huge smile everytime I get into the Z and hear that exhaust note come to life, It is suppose to be my weekend car but I find myself taking it to work every day now since I bought it. Just can't stop driving it.
rsximus is offline   Reply With Quote