View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtro View Post
To give you some ideas for mounting accessories in the cubby, here's what I did for my GPS:

I formed a block of florist's foam to take up the space in the back of the 370's cubby, strung the power cord out the back, and cut and painted a piece of foam core board as trim. The florist foam is snug fit to the cubby cavity and the GPS attaches to the foam with velcro. This allows me to switch the GPS between cars. I tapped the passenger 12VDC socket with a 12VDC extension from which I cut the plug end. The GPS power cord is plugged and taped to the extension socket (so that it can't back out). The extension and GPS power cord is then crammed up under the dash.
Nice, but I could never tolerate driving around with that cubby door open every time I use the GPS.