View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
audioqueso
Base Member

Drives: Mitsubishi Lancer
audioqueso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
I was joking, but that does sound strange that you can't test out the car before buying.
No, it's not that you CAN'T test drive it. But it's not like the US where anyone can pretty much walk into the dealership, look at a car, and say "I'd like to test drive this car"... even if they are just 'walkers'. In Japan, you CAN test drive it, but they don't allow just anyone to test drive it. They talk to you, see if you seem like you're really interested, and then set an appointment for another day (because most people will not buy the car in one visit) to drive the car. However, in some places, they'll let you take the car for a day. There is a WHOLE lot more trust here compared to the US. I bought a new car from Honda last year. I drove it once, and the second time they let me take it for the day. I just had to bring it back before they closed. But I've had friends and co-workers that have been allowed to take the car home. It's different. Pros and cons on both sides, you know.

I've been meaning to go to the Nissan dealerships and see if they have the 370Z already. I'll check sometime this week... or weekend.
audioqueso is offline   Reply With Quote