View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
but I got a new exhaust today, too.

After listening to all the sound clips and reading every single post I could on all the options, I ended up going with a GReddy Spectrum Elite setup. Currently I'm on stock everything -- this is my first real performance mod. I could not be happier!

I had narrowed it down to Fast Intentions and the GReddy. The FI was compelling. I'll actually give it a slight edge in looks (except for the tips), but in the end, I found the sound more refined in the GReddy and the volume levels more appropriate (by my estimation) for a Roadster. This is dead-solid perfect. Low and throaty (downright mean at cold start-up), but not excessively loud. I can hear it under load and it sounds sweet, but it nearly all goes away at light-throttle cruising speeds. No ricey fart or drone, but that growl...Nice.

The tips are the burned titanium -- the one nod to a slightly show-off or ricey look, but I really like the added character that brings. They are big and trumpeted and look really great -- fitment is perfect.

I'll post some pics as soon as possible.

Also -- I had a B&M short shifter installed. Crisp, but a little high-effort shifts (I'm hoping it breaks in a little, but am fine if it stays as-is) seem very accurate and short. All the slop is gone and the vibration is almost non-existent. This is the shifter that should be OEM.

PS -- Thanks to Ken at swatperformance.net for all his advice and help. He offers great service and great prices.
Nice! You know, as much as I like the classy, not overstated look, I happen to like the burned titanium tips ......... on a stock or close to stock car they add a little extra peeking out from under the rear bumper