View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road
Default So, phelan stole the show...

but I got a new exhaust today, too.

After listening to all the sound clips and reading every single post I could on all the options, I ended up going with a GReddy Spectrum Elite setup. Currently I'm on stock everything -- this is my first real performance mod. I could not be happier!

I had narrowed it down to Fast Intentions and the GReddy. The FI was compelling. I'll actually give it a slight edge in looks (except for the tips), but in the end, I found the sound more refined in the GReddy and the volume levels more appropriate (by my estimation) for a Roadster. This is dead-solid perfect. Low and throaty (downright mean at cold start-up), but not excessively loud. I can hear it under load and it sounds sweet, but it nearly all goes away at light-throttle cruising speeds. No ricey fart or drone, but that growl...Nice.

The tips are the burned titanium -- the one nod to a slightly show-off or ricey look, but I really like the added character that brings. They are big and trumpeted and look really great -- fitment is perfect.

I'll post some pics as soon as possible.

Also -- I had a B&M short shifter installed. Crisp, but a little high-effort shifts (I'm hoping it breaks in a little, but am fine if it stays as-is) seem very accurate and short. All the slop is gone and the vibration is almost non-existent. This is the shifter that should be OEM.

PS -- Thanks to Ken at swatperformance.net for all his advice and help. He offers great service and great prices.

Last edited by dalparadise; 03-22-2010 at 09:52 PM.
dalparadise is offline   Reply With Quote