View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #944 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
so they are something like an alternative to HFC and test pipes but even more hardcore?
Both Resonated Test Pipes and HFC's bolt To the restrictive stock headers. And both still have some sort of material to deaden (restrict) the flow of gasses and therefore noise.

LTH's will be completely smooth all the way from engine flange to CBE Flange. Whatever comes out of the engine has a slip and slide to your exhaust. You just wanna make sure based on how much noise/rasp you want/willing to handle, that you balance out that openness with the resonators/exhaust cannister material.

i.e. if you wanna go LTH's, its reccomended (to me) to go with the 18" Resonators and the SS cannisters. Those features will help balance out the freedom the LTH's give to the exhaust.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote