View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
wavehogger
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB/P 6MT T/S
wavehogger is on a distinguished road

So I was browsing the AE news and saw this update pasted below about the 370z still overheating (280 degrees) at the Redline Attack with reference to having an oil cooler? Can you guys at AE explain what happened there.

I'm still in the research phase of deciding which one to get and I really want to make the right choice here. Your's is pricey but if it can keep it cool on a 95 degree day at the track, then I'll spend the extra $$.

I am in New England and I will be driving my car in some cooler and wider ranging temps (40's - 90's) and want the most cooling as possible without worrying about reaching a decent temp. I haven't found anyone reviewing it yet online who has actually installed it. And your website still doesn't have it listed in the products section nor does it have any installation instructions/info just so I can see what's what. Thanks in advance!

"Paul Dentice in the AE Performance 370z takes 1st at Spring Mountain

Recap by Paul D.
Spring Mountain was a first for the AE crew and with 18 turns it was anything but easy to figure out the fast way through the course, but fortuneately NV locals including Mike and the Double Down crew were super cool in lending a helping hand.

On track the car felt rock solid. The AE preped JIC dampers allowed for late apexing and a planted rear end through the high speed sections even with the old tires we were on. (3 track days).

We switched to Ferodo RS3000 pads for our AP brakes that ended up being a bit too aggressive in the rear but a quick swap to a milder Mintex pad in the rear settled the car much more and was easier to keep stright under hard braking.

Heat was a major issue for everyone. With the Oil Cooler upgrade we were still only able to complete 1 hot lap before the oil temps hit 280deg and the car wouldn’t rev past 5k rpm’s.

After all was said and done, We were all really impressed with the Z. With viturally no power mods out-side of a Stillen intake and Mine’s Flash we were solely relying on the Z’s chassie to pull through for us and it did! Rich placed 5th in Modified RWD Class in the GT2, GTR (DNF),and I grabbed top honors in SS RWD class with the Z, and was able to make the 4.5hr drive back to the OC without a hick-up."
wavehogger is offline   Reply With Quote